Monday, February 23, 2009

A Little Crafting

I haven't done much craftwise in quite awhile. Just been too down in the dumps to even want to pick up needles or a hook. But in the past few weeks I have picked up one of my wips and put some work into it.

It's the Dragonfly Afghan in Filet Crochet from Hass Design. I started it in August of last year. This is the first pic I showed of it.



And here is my progress now.



Pretty big difference huh? It has 124 rows and I'm on row 78. When I picked it up again I was on row 24. So that's a good bit.

Here's a close-up of one of the dragonflies. Can you tell that's what it is?

5 Your Thoughts:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Wow that is beautiful. And you've gotten so much done so quickly. I really like the color - will you use it on your sofa shown in the picture? Because they go together really well.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger claudia said...

That. is. gorgeous. I love the color and dragonflies are my favorites.
Yes, it is very apparent that it is a drangonfly.
Just lovely!

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Wow - that looks amazing - I have no idea how you even start to do filet crochet so I am wildly impressed

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger claudia said...

I ordered the quick print chart from Hass yesterday and got it. Then I got to thinking, even though I have crocheted since I could write, I have ventured into Filry Crochet. Then I though again, Heck, I could just turn this into a cross stitch pattern. I will still have the dragonfly design that I so dearly love and later on if I feel adventurous, I can always to the afghan!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger claudia said...

Mickey, I so promise I am not stalking you! Really!!
I got that pattern from Haas, Hass, Hardy, I can never remember. Then I found some white yarn in my closet doing nothing special, so I started in on the afghan. I LOVE Filet Crochet! It. Is. So. Easy! Wow! Thanks for sharing with us, cause now I have (and yet another) project started! I actually worked on it most of yesterday while sick and got up to I think row 7 or 8 done! It will be bigger, because my hook is bigger and I am using worsted weight yarn, but OH WELL!
Thanks again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next