Thursday, May 19, 2005

The bookbookbook

Well I have joined the masses. I am now the proud owner of the bookbookbook!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It is wonderful so far. I can relate to all of it. Is there any doubt that she was destined to be a knitter? After all her name is Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.

Well just to let you know what I am currently doing, here goes. I am knitting two scarves at the moment. The Alien Illusion scarf from the Stitch-N-Bitch book and the card trick illusion scarf off of Knitty Gritty. I have many things waiting in the wings to do after these are done.

In crochet, I am working on the 63 squares afghan. I have completed 32 squares. I am just using what I have on hand, so it will be many colors instead of the original three. I also have a granny square blanket in the process using size 10 thread. I don't know why. I originally wanted to do doilies (prior to learning to read patterns) and was just wanting to see how it worked up. Once I had a good little square going, I just decided to see what it would be like as a regular sized afghan. You know the whole curiosity thing.

I also have a couple of cross-stitch projects going. One is the Eye of the Tiger from Cross My Heart and the other is Butterfly Expressions from Creative Accents. Cross-stitching was my first crafting love, and I enjoy it alot.

I only learned to knit (self-taught) at the end of last year. I didn't brave the purl stitch till the first of this year. I also taught myself to crochet in April. So I have mostly been doing those two this year. I love reading blogs about all the projects people do. Yarn is yummy, and so are all the patterns and do-dads you can get to go along with it!

2 Your Thoughts:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Melissa G. said...

Wow, you've really learned a lot in such a short time - you go, girl! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your progress photos when you get them up!!

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Micky! Thanks for linking to my blog. Good luck with yours - I look forward to seeing your projects. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next