Saturday, January 20, 2007

Quilting without fabric

I have started a crochet quilt. It's made in pieces just like a regular quilt, and then put together. I am making a Double Wedding Ring quilt from Annie's Attic Ultimate Book of Quilt Afghans.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here are my color choices. In Caron Simply Soft: Grape, Orchid and Soft Blue. I didn't think I could handle all that white, so I changed the background color to the blue. Still pale enough to not take away from the orchid.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here are the first pieces I have done.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's not so much the pieces that will take long, but sewing this all together may take a while.

And then here are some dishcloths I made for the hubby. They spell Wicked.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And here is the newest pic of the kiddies. Growing like weeds they are.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 Your Thoughts:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the dishcloths.. those kicks serious ass...

and props to you for doing that quilt... thats intense!

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful family! And the quilt is pretty nice too. ^_^
Have you decided which day of the week gets which letter dishcloth?

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids are adorable...don't tell the boys that...they won't like it I'm sure...they are handsome! Your afghan looks like a real challenge! Have fun with that, I can't wait to watch the progress on that one. I love crochet. Those dishcloths are so cool!

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry it took me so long to comment back

i would do the same thing if someone gave me money for yarn so i figured it would be a good gift to give. glad you enjoyed it

hope all is well!

Happy Knitting

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Awww, how great the kids look!

I love the dishcloths and I think the crocheted ghan will be spectacular!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger claudia said...

Okay...I came on to your blog to see if anything is new...and this music started! What's up with that? I thought it was my computer, but when I hit the back button on my puter to go to my blogger, the music stopped. It's kind of cool, but I need to know what it is....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next