Sunday, May 22, 2005

Socks...Am I nuts?

Well I got the great idea today to make socks. I never thought I would ever make anything to wear (other than scarves, you know simple) and for some reason I decided to try the whole sock thing. I know why. After I read the bookbookbook, I just felt like I could. Wow. What was I thinking? I mean, I have never even used dpns (double-pointed needles for those of you who don't knit). Well I mean I do have a tube so that's a step in the right direction, right? But the St st (stockinette stitch) turned out to be garter stitch. So the top is a rib, the middle rows are garter and the ones I am doing now look like St st. What's up with that? Should I get "Knitted Socks for Dummies"? Or is there an easy explanation for what I did? Maybe I just hurt myself yesterday after I finished banging my head on the wall? Well, I guess I should have used some of my squares to cushion the blows.
Well I guess there is always tomorrow, huh?

1 Your Thoughts:

At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep.. ya gotta think that you arent knitting the other side!!! lol so instead of knit then purl.. you just knit... make sense? Just like knitting in the round! Also go to knittinghelp.com or knitting at knoon and they have videos and stuff to help!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next