Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm back, I'm back, I'm FINALLY back!

Oh I have been gone for so many moons. You never realize how much this net business means to you until you can't surf. Ah but now I can breathe again and catch up on all my blogs. I've missed you all terribly.

Christmas came and went. I got all my crafting done for it, on time. Early even. I made small stockings for the kids on my list and stuffed them with candy. I made snowflakes for everyone else (one version shown below). Oh and a blanket for a new 2nd cousin. All crochet this year. Don't know what got me in that mode, but that was what patterns I had for the snowflakes.




My littlest girl had her 5th birthday. They do grow up so fast.

Yeah how lucky is she? She got a Harley.

I have noticed a surplus of reading while I couldn't surf. I read His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. A Wrinkle in Time and A Wind in The Door by Madeleine L'Engle and am part way through A Swiftly Tilting Planet. Finished a 3rd read through of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Metallica: This Monster Lives by Joe Berlinger. I am currently reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire.
The one I finished most recently was Drunk, Divorced & Covered in Cat Hair by Laurie Perry. It was just the most awesome book. If you've read her blog, it reads like she talks. It's funny and sad and just a beautiful read. I highly recommend it if you haven't.

Oh and on the knitting front I have made progress on my FPS and I finished my Dobby Style Book Sock. So I have kept busy.


Oh and did I mention Metallica is going to be at Bonnaroo? Hopefully if all goes well, I'll be there with the hubby. I can't wait.

Ok that's it for now. Glad to see everyone soldiered on without me. hehe.

5 Your Thoughts:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Yea!!! You're back! I've missed you! And you must tell me how you liked Philip Pullman's book. Send me an email when you have time - jap9963 at yahoo dot com. I'm so glad you're back in action.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Knit Witch said...

Woo hoooo!!! Metallica!! Love those guys!

And I love the Dobby sock too!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Welcome back! Love the projects and birthday girl. I am enthralled with the Dobby book sock. Is that an original pattern? It's so adorable.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Wow, that's a lot of great stuff! Happy birthday to your daughter : )

I just read His Dark Materials, too! ... and I love the Dobby Style Book Sock.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Melissa G. said...

Welcome back!!! I've read the His Dark Materials series (a couple of years ago), and I've started it again.

Looks like you've been busy - glad to see you 'round again. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next