Friday, February 29, 2008

Knitting at my LYS

I actually did it. I sat in a yarn shop and knit with other people! I was kinda nervous at first. Can you tell I don't get out much? You know how it is when you walk into a new situation where there are already people who are regulars and know the routine? And you know how it feels to be a newbie. But I had been in the shop before, so I knew the owner at least.

I only had a short window of time when I could go, and of course, there weren't a lot of people there. I perused the shelves first. You can't go in a yarn shop and not touch the yarn. They have some new yarns in since my last visit. There was Cascade 220, Cotton Classic, and Noro Silk Garden. I about fainted when I saw the Noro. I only ever admired it from afar on the internet. I'd also only ever seen Cascade and Classic online. It was great.

There was a small class taking place, about 4 people, and the shop owner. I sat down in a chair next to the big comfy couch. Sandy (owner) was sitting on the couch knitting up the square of the month. We talked a bit and I knitted on my Civil War Shawl. It was the most mobile of my projects.

So it was fun, and since there weren't that many people, it wasn't too stressful. Hopefully next time I get to go, there will be more people around.

Here's a pic of the big comfy couch, and the view of the front of the shop.



Here's a pic of the faux fire place. Don't know if you can see it, but there are log colored skeins of yarn in that log basket. That was a cute touch.



And here is actual proof that I am in a yarn shop, knitting in public.



Excuse the absence of pictures of actual people. Maybe next time. If you want to see some pics of actual people who go there, she has a blog for the shop.

2 Your Thoughts:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Good for you! It looks like a lovely place to knit!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Sounds like fun!

P.S. Love the afghans : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next