Saturday, January 21, 2006

Rotation and CALs

I have been down in the dumps and sick for a couple of weeks. I couldn't do anything crafty and have only been working on things for a few days now. But I had an idea that may actually work for me. Cross-stitchers usually work on a rotation schedule so that they can give each of their WIPs some attention. I thought since I have so many things in progress, it would be good to work on a set few at a time. Here is my current rotation.

In knitting:

I am working on the Manly sweater from the SnB Handbook. Here is a pic of what it should look like and a progress pic. I am doing it in all gray with a little black thrown in.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

I am doing the Nature in Natural afghan from Lion Brand. I had gotten some Wool Ease chunky for a sweater but it wasn't working up nicely in the pattern I chose, so I am using it for this. I am using willow and walnut, I am not a natural kind of girl. Here is what it should look like and progress shots of the cables. Yes, cables. Gotta love em.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Then there was a patten I bought a long time ago. I just wanted to learn how to do the double knitting, but never thought I could. I am doing the Double Knitted afghan from Patternworks. It is so neat to be knitting continental with my left hand and purling with the throw method with my right. I have some Caron Simply Soft brights that I am using. It will be four different colors but it has only two so far. I twisted it so you can see both sides.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

I have some 90% virgin wool, 10% angora rabbithair yarn that I was given. I had no idea what to do with it, and the other day I decided to start a Branching Out scarf.

Image hosting by Photobucket

In crochet:

I have joined a CAL. The lovely LadyLinoleum is hosting it. It is the Vintage Chapeau Crochet Along. This is a patten out of a McCall's Needlework magazine from Fall-Winter 1963-64.


Image hosting by Photobucket

When I saw this picture, something inside me just screamed "You have got to make that muff." I was posessed, but I like it. I have never crocheted something in the round. It's weird, but going along smoothly.

Image hosting by Photobucket

In cross-stitch:

I am still working on the Tiger's eye. It looks pretty much the same as I have already shown, so I will wait for a progress pic.

I also have a sampler book of Teresa Wentzler that I am debating on what to start. Go take a look at it, you can click the links to see the projects in it. It is a toss up between the Fantasy and the Camelot sampler.

So I will try this for a month and see how it works for me. Who knows, this may make for some earlier finishes.

1 Your Thoughts:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I was working on the freaking turban this weekend. I'm almost done. However wrapping it so it looks like the pic is no small task. Where's a mannequin head when a girl needs one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next