Wednesday, January 04, 2006

WIPs

Since it is a new year, I went through all my projects to see exactly what I had going at the moment.

My knit WIPs consist of:

~camo socks
~i-cord gloves
~mystery stole
~mystery shawl
~mystery shawl 2
~turtleneck shrug
~patchwork purse
~HP azkaban scarf
~ snowball's chance in hell arm warmers
~Rogue
~easy roll brim hat
~alien illusion scarf
~card trick scarf
~clapotis
~manly sweater
~nature in natural afghan

The last two on this list were the newest additons started in the last 2 weeks. The alien illusion and card trick scarf were from when I first learned to knit.

My crochet WIPs consist of:

~63 squares afghan
~granny square afghan
~granny square afghan (size 10 crocet thread)

I have a little over half of the 63 squares done. I started the granny square after finishing a huge one for my hubby. The one with crochet thread was when I wanted to make doilys but hadn't learned to read a pattern yet. So I just thought I would see how it would turn out. These are the continuous granny squares worked from the center out , not the ones you do individual squares with.

My cross-stitch WIPs consist of:

~Stairway to Heaven Lyrics (my idea using the Ultimate Cross-stitch Alphabet Book by Kooler Design Studio)
~the last supper (Jeanette Crews Design)
~butterfly expressions (Dimensions)
~eye of the tiger (Cross My Heart)

That's not too bad really. It could be worse. Since I haven't really talked about my cross-stitch that much, I thought this would be a good time.

I have been cross-stitching ever since I can remember. I love it and it is my first true craft love. There are so many designs I have seen that I want to do, and someday will do many of them. I have lots of design books and pattern leaflets. My aunt gave me all of her leaflets, floss and fabric. That gave me a good stash to add to. Here is just the floss I have so far. Including the floss chart I use to keep up with what colors I need.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here are some progress pics of the ones I have started. Also I included pictures of what they should look like when finished.

Stairway to Heaven is my favorite song. I had this fabric colored almost like parchment and it gave me the idea to stitch the words on it like handwriting. This one must be framed when I am done.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This one I started years ago and I really want to finish it someday. I got discouraged when I found some of my count was off and had to take some of it out. But I fixed that and worked on it a bit since then.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was a gift. I worked away furiously on it until knitting took my attention from it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this one I just fell in love with. I only bought the leaflet and it took a long time to find fabric just the right size. But the progress on it looks cool. This is one of the reflections in the eye.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I don't usually make resolutions, but I hope to have some of these WIPs (knit, crochet, and cross-stitch) finished by next year.

3 Your Thoughts:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh..holy crap. You are like the WIP queen. I feel a tad bit better about my list now! LOL. Keep up the good work!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Girl, you better get stitchin'!

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger kittensmittens said...

brave, posting all those WIPs. good luck on finishing some. (I should be doing the same,... should... but i prefer to stay in denial)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next