Sunday, July 22, 2007

A finish to remember

I watched all of the news videos about the last Harry Potter book Friday. Seeing all the fans at the Potter parties and the ones just waiting for midnight. I was as excited as all of them, even though I wouldn't receive my copy until sometime Saturday.

Then I was up earlier than usual Saturday morning. I kept looking out the window at the slightest noise hoping it was the UPS truck. And I waited and waited. I never thought it would arrive. Then sometime after 1, it did.

I sat down and tore open the box, and there it was. I looked closely at all the cover art, and then slowly turned the pages while reading all the little tidbits they have before the actual story.

And then I started. I read all the rest of the day until my eyes couldn't focus anymore. So I rested and as soon as I got up today, I started again. Only stopping when I went to get the kids from their weekend stay-over.

I finished a little while ago. This was the best one yet! I know I will be opening it again soon. If not tonight, then probably tomorrow. I want to enjoy it all over again.

All of us who have finished are sure to not forget any of it. And to those not done yet, it gets better!

2 Your Thoughts:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I loved it too! Sad in spots, but still extremely enjoyable. I've picked up Book 6 again and once that's done will probably have another go-round with Book 7. It finished as it should have, albeit with a few unanswered questions for me, such as what happened to this person and what about this one.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I loved it too. I ordered the first 6 as I didn't have them and I will be reading again from the beginning when they get here. I'm so obsessed now!
Blessings
~*~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next