Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day and a grand finale


We had a great time. How about you?

And now for the final photos of my Peacock Feathers. We have the lying on a bush pose.

The detail shot.


And the modeling.



Not me, my oldest girl.


Yeah I can finally do my happy dance!



And you thought that would be enough, but no. I am about to begin another project. Here is my first swatch. And I say first because I will be doing more than one.

The blocking pic. Using those handy-dandy flexible blocking wires. Thanks again to my hubby!


And after blocking.




I know you'd think finishing a large lace project would make me take a break from the stuff for a while. But no. I have another pattern I am in love with, and must do it. And to want to swatch more than once? It must be the heat, right?

5 Your Thoughts:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Monika said...

Your shawl looks wonderful! Great blocking job, not to mention the knitting! I should maybe someday start swatching as well. But I really hate that. I just go for it, as long as it's not a garment. One can get never enough of knitting lace! ;o)

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger claudia said...

That shawl turned out so beautiful. You are so patient. Is the new lace pattern going to be a shawl also?

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Lorette said...

It's lovely! Congratulations on finishing! I can't wait to see what the new swatch represents.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Is she going to give it back? Your daughter I mean. She looks mighty comfortable with that wrapped around her.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Great shawl -- and your swatch is lovely, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next