Saturday, June 16, 2007

It's blocking

Don't know how it will turn out, but my Peacock Feathers shawl is blocking. I have blocked, but nothing this big. I am just hoping it turns out ok.

Here is the scariest part. A big wet mass of lace. It just felt weird and I could just imagine all that work just melting away.




And as I do enjoy the smell of the yarn in the skein, not so much when it's wet. I'd rather not meet a herd of sheep in the rain.

And here it is after I finished blocking.



A closer detail shot of the tip.



And here you can just see the end of one of the blocking wires peeping out.



Ok now to move away from it and try not to worry about it until it's dry.

4 Your Thoughts:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Wet lace almost always looks like a dirty old rag. It amazes me every time who beautiful it turns out after blocking. This is a very beautiful shawl! I've never used the rod for the middle, would never have thought of that.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger claudia said...

That shawl is just yummy!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Oh the colors and design are just absolutely breathtaking. What a beautiful job you've done.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Absolutely stunning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next