Monday, August 13, 2007

Too hot for much

Haven't been doing much knitting lately. But it's end of summer vacation and there's all the getting ready for school. Our four kids are attending 3 different schools now. The littlest hasn't started yet and I'm hoping her start time staggers well with the others'. Right now I have enough time to get to two schools without making anyone late.

I have a few pics of projects. Mostly just small things. Except for my shawl. This is the latest pic.





Not much progress. But hopefully now that the kids are back in school, I can find a little more time to work on it.

Then I started making some spirals. They are crocheted. The green one is in progress. It is a pattern for a shawl, but don't think I'll make it into that. They will open up more once blocked for a more lacy effect. They are fun to do though.










And then there is a miter done in the round.





I found the pattern on a blog. It's pretty quick. But they are smaller than the MD miters, so it will take more if made into a blanket.



Other than that, we made it to the pool twice this weekend. Once to the public on Saturday and then to the sis-in-law's Sunday. My nephew has the same birthday as me, and that's when they had his party.

Somehow I lathered the kids up well to keep them from roasting, but I got scorched. Another reason to not feel like knitting. Ah well, maybe next week.

4 Your Thoughts:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

The shawl is looking so pretty with the changing colors! (love your spirals, too)

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger spirals said...

those... spirals... are... amazing....... seriously.. im in awe... HOW HOW HOW did you make those!?!?!?

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Yosemite said...

I love the spirals. They look great.
Don't worry about the lack of progress on the FPS. It will come in it's good time and when it does you'll be amazed. I love the colour changes in the yarn.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger claudia said...

The shawl looks beautiful so far. I just love the soft colors and laciness of it.
Those spirals look like fin...where did you get the pattern for those? I'd like to try some myself. What are you going to do with them? You have picked some really nice colors again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next