Sunday, March 16, 2008

Deconstruction

I was just sitting there, watching tv. Decided to work on my hexagons, which have been just sitting there, watching the inside of a bag. I start to do number 13, and checked the instructions to make sure I knew where to attach it to the rest. But something didn't look right.



Come to find out, hexagons have 6 sides. Mine had only four. You'd have thought I would have noticed that 12 gons ago. Nope. So I had to frog the last two rows from all of them. And I ended up with this.



Then I made one the right way, just to make sure I could follow the pattern this time.



See the difference?

And then finished the rest of them. This is what they were supposed to look like all along.



Now that I'm back where I started, I can make some real progress.

4 Your Thoughts:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

The hexagons look great. Glad you found the mistake before you got too much further. I love the colors.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Julie said...

I like the hexagons, but I have to tell you, the scarf looks good with squares too. What shocks me is that I didn't hear any screaming coming from your way - I think I would have thrown the project down in disgust and not touched it for months (years even). Good for you.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Definitely more hexagon like with 6 sides - they are very pretty either way though

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger TrampledbyGeese said...

Oh dear, you poor thing. I did like your quad-a-gons though, they were cute. Hexagons are better. keep up the good work

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next