Saturday, April 26, 2008

Filet o' Finishes

I have a couple of finishes and some progress to report. Firstly, there is the matter of Filet. It's a form of crochet used mostly for doilies. It seemed foreign to me at first. I had done something that was filet but had no clue because the pattern was written out. Filet is mostly done with charts or diagrams.

I was on Ravelry one day and saw a pattern that I wanted to do. The only problem is is that it was done in Filet and had only a chart to go by. So I had to teach myself how to do it. So I went online and found a tutorial type site and did my practice piece. Kind of like a swatch.



And then I sat down and went to it. Now this pattern is intended for a rounded doily, but being new to the whole process, I just did it in a square. I also used finger weight yarn instead of the crochet cotton doilies call for. I think it turned out good.



Excuse the angle, this was the only way I could get the detail to show. This is called the Doily of Rassilon. It is a symbol from the original Doctor Who series. Which of course is what made me want to make it. I have other things I want to make with this technique already. As if I don't have enough of a to-do list.

I found another pattern on Ravelry earlier and made it too. It's a hyperbolic dishcloth. Round but not flat. Very interesting.



And then there is some progress on my Washburne. I've done 2 pattern repeats and am on my 3rd.



I also have started another afghan. It's the Chromium Star Blanket. I just like the shape.

1 Your Thoughts:

At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the colors and as always, you do lovely work

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next