Wednesday, January 25, 2006

To knit, or not to knit

Well I am a little down in the dumps today. Don't know why. Just one of those things that happens for no reason at all. Other than to aggrevate me to no end of course. But enough whine.

I really want to join the
Knitting Olympics hosted by the YarnHarlot. I even have the thing I so want to knit for it. In fact I am feeling a little obsessive about it. I have the pattern, I have for a while now. It is the Rosy-Fingered Dawn shawl.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I know, it's lace and it's huge. But the Olympics are made to strive for your best right? I don't really expect to finish it if I join. I just want to work on it. I decided to do it in a fingering weight instead of laceweight. I got some advice from Snow who said the yarn with the kit is really more like a fingering weight, so I found some I like. I decided on
Palette from Knit Picks. I want to do it in these colors: Petal, Blush, Lilac, Hyacinth, Pool, and Sky. I figured if I get 2 skeins of each that would be plenty. And that way it would only be $21.48. Not bad to do a whole shawl. Now all I have to do to really commit is to buy it. So I have a little time before I need to do that, so we will see.

I have already selected my buttons if I do. I got this one from JenLa's blog. I think that says it all.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And I found this one on the YarnHarlot's.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And just for hanging in there and reading all that drivel, here is something fun for you. I made South Park characters for me and hubby. Don't we make a cute couple?


Image hosting by Photobucket

4 Your Thoughts:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger spirals said...

where did you make the southpark guys!!! they are great!

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger kittensmittens said...

those south park characters crack me up.

as for the knit olympics. i have decided not to join, who am i kidding, it takes me years to finish something.
but i will be cheering everyone on. so you go girl, you go and knit, knit like the wind!!!

good luck

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Lorette said...

That is one ambitious Olympian entry! That is a great shawl!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

That shawl is to die for! It'll be gorgeous...

I am have a lace fixation lately too - both knit and crochet. I even purchased an Irish lace crochet book. Yep, it's that serious.

Love the South Park portraits...lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next