Friday, August 31, 2007

Slowly, but surely

I have gotten a little progress done on my Forest Path Stole. I finished the third tier and have started the fourth.





I did a few rounds on my Civil War Shawl too, but no pic cause it still looks basically the same.

And I did try another crochet steek on my Kauni practice piece.





I cut it and it frayed a bit. Maybe it's just that the yarn is slick. But I think I have decided to just find someone with a sewing machine and do it that way. I don't want to make that beautiful sweater and have it just fall apart.

3 Your Thoughts:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oooh pretty Forest Path - it is hard to knit or just fiddly with the entrelac.

I think you are very sensible to seek a sewing machine for the Kauni - it sticks together pretty well by itself but the sewing machine reinforcement is nice and flat whereas your crochet is definitely 3-D. Top tip though - sew the steeks before you join the shoulders!!

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger Ang said...

The Forest Path is so pretty.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger MiniLaura said...

woohoo! A FPS in a self-striping laceweight! I have been considering such a project ever since I bought some self-striping laceweight. But I was afraid to try. (Plus there is insane cabling going on at my house--I can't have another complicated project.)

What's the yarn? I scanned back on your entries but didn't see the name of the yarn.

I will be watching your progress eagerly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next