Thursday, May 26, 2005

Heel

I am all the way down to the TURN HEEL part of my sock. I did the heel flap, and it amazingly really does look like the makings of a sock. But now the way this part of the pattern is, I have to make 26 sts 24. But there are 3 decreases written so no matter how many times I do it, I always get 23 sts. Being a newbie at all this, I don't know which one to take out of the pattern. Because I have to use the same bit of the pattern as a repeat, so it will be wrong there too, right? I guess what I will have to do is send the woman herself, Debbie Stoller, an e-mail and ask. Or if there is anyone out there who did these socks and can tell me what is wrong with it. This pattern is not listed under the StitchnBitch Errata. So it could just be me. I just hate that I am so far and am now at a dead stop. I don't want a leg warmer, I want a sock.

And for you who asked, my cam pics save as Tif. I don't know what that is either, it is just a pain in the butt.

2 Your Thoughts:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Lorette said...

I don't have that book, but if you email me with a few lines of the pattern, I'll see if I can figure it out. Send me the row that you're on, and a few rows before and after so I can see where you are.
Did you ever figure out the garter stitch thing? If you're knitting in the round, stockinette stitch is all knit, every row.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Micky said...

Lorette,
If you see this, I couldn't get to an e-mail. I tried to pull up your blogger profile to get to it. It only brought up your name. If I can get it I will send it to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next