Saturday, February 11, 2006

Game On!

The Knitting Olympics are open! Are we all ready to have some fun? Good.

The opening ceremonies were great. It's hard to say what my favorite part was. There were so many wonderful things going on. When the Ferrari did the donuts, that was one of my favorites. Never thought you'd see that at the Olympics did you?

Was it just me or was Pavarotti lip-synching? If so, that was just wrong. I mean at a concert that's one thing, but at the Olympic ceremonies? Come on. And I really think they could have gotten someone better to do "Imagine". There is nothing wrong with Peter Gabriel, but he didn't do it justice. And who else thought that Yoko Ono was going to sing when she got up there? We barely scraped by that one huh? Ok enough politically incorrectness, on to the knitting.

I have to say I really am digging this pattern. It goes pretty fast (for me anyway) and I really am having fun with it. It is kinda weird though. It's almost like doing a hat. Like starting at the top and going down to the brim. And the fact that it is going to turn square as it goes along. It just feels funny. But I guess that's just me. But enough of that, here is the Rosy Fingers portion of the shawl.

Image hosting by Photobucket

If you haven't seen it yet, there is a link on YarnHarlot's blog where you can put your mark on the Knitting Olympics Frappr map. Go do it and see how many of us there really are.

Good luck to all the knitters!

3 Your Thoughts:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Mouse said...

ROFLMAO-- When I saw Yoko, I was like " oh, sh*t.. she's not going to sing is she??" Honestly I thought it was bad enough that we had to hear her recite that poem.. I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. She has one of the most irritating voices.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Colette said...

I got a kick out of the odd choice of backround music they used when the athletes marched in - gotta love those old disco standards.

You shawl is looking beautiful!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Looking splendid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next