Sunday, June 25, 2006

Busy Summer days

Wow it's been quite a bit since I posted. I guess the heat is getting to me. I have hardly touched any knitting this past week. It's just been too hot and sticky around here. Plus I haven't been home that much anyway.

We were out and about almost every day last week. On one of our outings Not-the-Momma took us out to lunch. He was going to go to a movie with us too, but he wasn't feeling very well. So I took the kids to the mall. We walked around a bit and window shopped. They saw all kinds of stuff and I saw a Mah Jong game that I would love to get my hands on. Then we saw Cars. They loved it. It was really funny. Afterwards we stopped in at A.C. Moore. I just browsed the yarn sections. I did find a couple of posters. One was a Vincent van Gogh "Starry Night", and the other an Alice in Wonderland. And we stopped in another little shop and they found some toys. So it was a pretty good day for everyone.


For those of you who followed the link from my last post, I actually started one.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These things are going to be huge. I didn't figure they would be this big, but I guess they will hold more. They are worked flat until you get to the foot and then joined in the round.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And for those of you who like to see the innards of knitted things, here's the back.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These will be lined so if it gets a little sloppy, the mistakes will be hidden. I was even going around the house humming Christmas carols. It's safe to say the things I knit tend to go to my head a little.

3 Your Thoughts:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

i know how you feel, it's been offly hot and sticky here too, and it just makes me want to lay around the house.. not think about knitting a sweater!

that stocking is looking wonderful, i love the colors.. cant wait to see more pictures

Happy Knitting!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Kel said...

Thanks for the well wishes. :o)

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger MsFortuknit said...

nice work, you have great taste!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next