Thursday, May 04, 2006

Reading Blogs = Trouble

It seems everytime I sit down to read my daily blog fill, I always end up getting in trouble. I usually see something that calls out to me to make. Yesterday was no different. I read the Yarn Harlot's post titled, "Longest Ever". Someone had made an afghan of tessellating fish. I was immediately hooked. If you scroll through the comments you will find an address for a blog that has their own version of this pattern. So naturally I had to make some.

Here are the first four. They look like an innocent little school of fish, don't they?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is how they will be attached together.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I haven't decided how many colors I will use yet. This will probably be a fill-in project. Something to do as a break from a big project. I really ought to know better than let myself get into these messes. But, I just can't help it.

Is is fitting that I was eating this while working on the little fishes? I guess you could say I was "hooked". Heh. Or, maybe not.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And as a first for this blog, I have actual cat pictures. These aren't my cats, but they live here too. Usually they fight over which one gets to sit in the bathroom window. Yesterday, they felt like sharing. I thought it was funny and that is the only reason I am posting these.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Susie and Sadie. And this is the view from the outside.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 Your Thoughts:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hey those fish look like excellent take-a-long projects, especially during the hot summer months when you certainly don't want to be knitting an afghan. Keep us posted on the colors you use - I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..that's going to be seriously awesome! Can't wait to see how it comes along!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

i did find my answer and i finished the back piece, hopefully i will have pictures tomorrow

that fish blanket is very cute

awww my cat loves to sit in the bathroom window too.. he is right now actually lol

Happy Knitting!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

thanks

im happy with the way its coming out.. theres no like gaping holes or uneven tension so im happy

hows your fish blanket coming along??

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Oooooh, lovin' the fish!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Hey wow! I love this project. I actually have knitted a fish before (but just one). My son's 2nd grade classroom had an ocean theme, and so I whipped up a fish and sent it in. The teacher thought it was really cute. It never dawned on me to make a bunch and connect them all together. I am definitely intrigued... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next