Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Keep on keepin' on

I just want to thank everyone who sent their thoughts and kind words my way. I really appreciated it. It really did help some.

I was in a sort of limbo for a while. Not really sure what I would do or how I was supposed to feel. It's bad enough to have someone you know die, it's altogether another thing to have to deal with so much more than that when it happens.

I decided not to go to any of the services. He didn't want me there. He had told me so, bluntly, the last time I heard from him. And then to top it all off, I found out he had totally written me out of everything. So that told me more than anything that he wanted no more contact of any kind. And is one of the things that really helped me decide not to go. That part doesn't matter to me in the least bit. I would have rather had a father that was kind, than to have his money or belongings. And I just couldn't go be in the room with a bunch of people I didn't know or hadn't seen in a long time.

~

So now that I can think of other things, I thought I'd share some new stuff with you.

First, we have actual knitting. I had started the
Celtic Dreams sweater the week before all this happened. (the link is to a direct picture, but I ordered it from Black Water Abbey) In fact, I was working on it the night I got the news. While I was watching Walk The Line. Which is a good movie by the way. I haven't picked it back up since, but I will. I really do love the pattern. And of course all those yummy cables. Here is my progress so far. This is the upper back and saddles.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And then I went to the frog pond and ripped out the progress I had on a double-knitted throw I was doing. I found a pattern I liked better. It is the True Love Afghan. The pattern book it comes from is here.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I just love hearts, so I thought it would be fun. And it's realaxing working with both hands at once. There isn't much progress, I just started. But it's almost 500 sts per row. You are working both sides at once, so double the sts.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And then, there had to be therapy right? The new bookbookbook! And in it, the Yarn Harlot's very own sock recipe. That alone was a high selling point. And then the Diary of Ellen Rembauer. You know I am a huge Stephen King fan, and love the movie Rose Red. So I thought this would be fun to read.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And then I just saw this out on a stand in the ailse when I was last at the store. It was cheap, and I have wanted to read it for a long time, so I got it. I just finished it today. Love it, love it. I highly recommend it.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And then of course, I had to get a little therapy for us all.

Image hosting by Photobucket

2 Your Thoughts:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

so sorry i didnt hear about your dad earlier... but im glad your comfortable with the way things turned out ... i actually dont talk to my father either, he lives in tennessee and i havent seen him in 15 years ... but anyway lol

that sweater is looking marvelous! and i cant wait to see that afghan, i love the hearts

yes, i hope i dont inherite second-sock syndrome either ... hehe i did put it off making it, but ill get it done

Happy Knitting!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Keep on knitting girlfriend. It does help. So does shopping for that matter! Okay, probably not the best advice in the world on that last point, but you know, life is tough and we have to take those small moments that make us happy and run with 'em. Hang in there lovey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next