Thursday, March 09, 2006

Happy Birthday Adam!

Today is my hubby's birthday. We won't say how old he is today, because I am 6 months older than him. He likes to remind me of that often! Just kidding me of course. But today he is the same age as me and will be for a few months anyway.

I met him on Tuesday, February 19th, 1991. It was kind of a blind date. Someone I was working with at the time was staying with his aunt and uncle. I had just come off of a really bad break up and she thought I needed to meet someone new. So I went over there with her that night. Right after working all day at a fast food restaurant. I was very lovely when he first saw me. In that lovely uniform smelling of burgers. So I took a shower and got myself together. He later told me it was a nice improvement.

He taught me to play darts. The others put me on his team. You know the whole get them closer together thing. We went walking around outside for hours just talking. We made quite a connection. I was also going to stay the night with the girl I worked with, so I slept on the couch. The next morning before I left for work I told him bye and gave him a kiss. That really shocked him. Then on Saturday he asked me to go with him and gave me a ring. We were teenagers after all.

He asked me to marry him on August 9, 1991. And on May 1, 1992 we were married.

Hope you have a great birthday baby! I love you!

Image hosting by Photobucket

2 Your Thoughts:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger kittensmittens said...

that is such a sweet story.
happy bday to your hubby, have a great day.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah..happy birthday hubby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next