Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Olympic Trials

They call it that for a reason, don't they? As I sat knitting merrily along on my lace, I came to a row that didn't match up. It didn't add up. It was WRONG. I didn't understand. I counted and counted and recounted. Still wrong. So last night, I had to let go of 4 rows of knitting.

To any normal knitter, this would just be a quick trip to the frog pond. I am not saying it wouldn't be a hurtful trip, but quick. I am not a normal knitter. Not with lace anyway. I have to un-knit my mistakes. One stitch at a time. So, I un-knit 4 rows. Of LACE. You see the mental picture, right?

Well it was kind of theraputic. Yes, I meant that. I was just merrily (well maybe not) un-knitting my lace, watching t.v. so I could kind of get my mind off of it. And after I had it back to normal, I actually did put in a lifeline. I don't ever do this cause I just don't like it, but I didn't want to have to do it again. At least not this soon.

Well, before I tried again, I went to the message boards and looked to see if anyone else had the same or similar problems. They did and I took notes. Today I re-knit those 4 rows and 3 more rows on top of that. It seems to be back in order, so I can breathe. I will resume tonight after LOST. Hope everyone else is having better luck.

3 Your Thoughts:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Mouse said...

lifelines are our friends... trust me!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Whew! I'm so glad you were able to get some help. I'll be cheering for you.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Colette said...

I do exactly the same thing - I unknit my lace. I find that is the only way to keep track of what you are doing and also it helps you see where you went wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next