Sunday, March 12, 2006

On a break

So I took a little break from knitting on my shawl yesterday. I like working on it, but everyone needs a break from lace now and then. I have had a pattern for a Weasley Cell Cozy for quite a long time now. So I thought I'd try it out.

I ran out of the maroon color I was using, so I had to use the gold to make the sleeves and the pull-string. Here's what I ended up with.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And here is my phone on it so you can see the size.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I didn't do everything exactly like the pattern. I made a few mods here and there. And if I make it again, there are other things I would do differently. It's amazing how in the short time I have been knitting, I would know different ways to get things done. But I am sure most of you out there have read a pattern and thought: "Now I could do that much easier this way." But it was fun and it gave me the rest I needed. Now back to Rosy.

6 Your Thoughts:

At 1:36 AM, Blogger kittensmittens said...

it is cute. i like the gold sleeves. little something different.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute, cute phone "cozy". I really like the contrasting color for the sleeves!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's good when you can think of better ways to do a pattern, isn't it? Very cute.

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT :D is so cute!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Carola said...

That's such a cute idea! I am soo tempted to knit one for myself but have already too many projects running. But I will definitely let you know if I do. I think it is specially cool that you learned so much while writing the pattern!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Micky said...

In response to Carola's comment:
I didn't write the pattern myself, I just modified it for myself as I went along.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next