Thursday, May 11, 2006

Stash Re-group

Yesterday I got my knit tool box set up. I can’t believe how much crap I had stuffed into one space. Here is the before picture.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It’s shameful, I know. But this is the only place I have at the moment for all my yarn and things. Where you see the box marked Medium, it is sitting on a cedar chest. And all those bags and boxes in front of the chest are stacked up on the floor next to the bed. So you can imagine how much is stuffed down there.

I went through everything, little by little. All of my WIPs were in plastic bags. I sorted those into canvas bags, so they are now nice and neat. I even went so far as to write down what projects were in what bags. They are different colors. I also wrote down what needles were in the bags so I could keep track of them. Could that be any more anal?

Here is the tool box before I put stuff in it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It has a cool sticker that came with it. It says: “Beware of Owner. Don’t touch my tools!” That’s just perfect, right?

Here is the storage for all my WIPs now. There is also my extra Rosy shawl yarn and some crochet thread. Some of my finished pieces and swatches are in there too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is my main stash of yarn. The box has just odds and ends. Balls of yarn, partial skeins, and no-label yarn.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here are all my cone yarns.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here is the top tray of the box. It holds my needles, and notions. All nice and neat. Again it seems kind of anal.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The first drawer has my nice yarns. Wool, alpaca, and lace weight.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The second drawer has my sock yarn, some baby yarn, cotton, and some purples.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And the bottom tray has all my books, magazines and patterns.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

All nice and neat. Ready for me to dive right in and be able to find what I want.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This may have been after everyone else did, but now I have officially “Flashed my Stash”.

1 Your Thoughts:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Very impressive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next