Saturday, July 15, 2006

Changing my mind

I have decided to make something else for Christmas. It's just so miserable and I am not able to spend as much time knitting as I want to. So I will only work on the stockings when the weather permits. This may mean that I won't give them until next year, but at least I will be able to enjoy making them.

I have decided to make some cross-stitch ornaments. I ordered the Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments 10th Anniversary Collection. It has 92 different ornaments to choose from with instructions for the backings as well.



I know I can cross-stitch in the heat. It's not bulky and the thread isn't heavy or hot while you work with it. Plus I really miss crafting, so this is better than doing nothing at all. I will knit now and again, but I just am not able to devote all my time to it now.

I also got lucky and was able to adopt some cross-stitch patterns. I am getting the Ghostly Treats by Stoney Creek and Spring (fairies) by Mystic Stitch. I love anything Halloweeny and the fairies are beautiful.





Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

4 Your Thoughts:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Julie said...

I can agree with you about this heat - although come December I'll be wishing for it again. I love Halloween cross stitch designs - they are so colorful and fun.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

i don't blame you for not wanting to knit in the heat.. that's why i've held off on my sweater for a couple weeks now.. its just too hot to think about knitting a long-sleeved object... makes me feel hotter just typing it lol

good luck with the ornaments, can't wait for pictures!

Happy Crafting!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

true lol, oh how true...

well it was even more tempting because the store im working at is in liquidation.. we're moving to a larger store.. and everything is at least 60% off.. the fabric just went up yesterday to 60%, and im hoping when i go in tomorrow its 70% ... but i don't want to spend my whole first pay check lol

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

oh beleive me, i want to!! very badly, but i am supposed to be saving the money for a car when i get my license in january and college application money, etc

but i would love to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next