Saturday, September 03, 2005

Kangaroos, Cables & VOL Football

Now that I have discovered the end of Harry Potter book #6, Rogue has gotten some attention. Here is the kangaroo pocket. It was amazing watching this thing just fall right into place with the sweater. I love knitting, for all these little wonders that take place right before your eyes.



Did I happen to mention I have a crappy camera? There are some colors it hates, but I guess you can see what's going on with it anyway. And here is my very first attempt at doing cables. The instructions in this pattern are awesome. Now I see what all the buzz is with cables. I can't wait to see where each one lands.



At least you can tell what it is. I will have to use a better camera for pics when I finish this thing.

Not only did I have a great day knitting, today was a great day for football. My VOLs won today 17 - 10. Go Vols!



I also have my very first knitting magazine. I got it because of the Annie Modesitt pattern in it. I never knew they could pack so much stuff into one little magazine. I am glad I got it.



And of course we can't forget the munckin who kept saying "Cheese!?" while I was taking the pics. You think she was giving me a hint?

4 Your Thoughts:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

Rogue is coming along nicely! Can't wait to see the FO!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Mouse said...

Rogue looks fab! I have to hand it to you.. I've still been intimidated by it - its all those cables while paying attention to the increases and decreases of the rest of the sweater that gets me.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Lorette said...

I love your rogue color. I'm way behind on the Potter books; I'm still reading year 3!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger jodi said...

Is the VOLS colour orange? Some lady was just telling me on the bus this afternoon not to wear orange on campus when we play a home game against (I think she said) Tennessee. Heh, not that I plan on being anywhere near campus on a game day anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next