Thursday, August 11, 2005

Crab, FOs & Purple Yarn

Since I had to get the kids early from school, we decided on the b-day dinner to instead be the b-day lunch. So I decided to go to Ruby Tuesday. I had the Jimmy Jax Crabcake burger(minus the horseradish sauce). It was good. I recommend it if you haven't tried it.

I got a package in the mail. It was this:



Yummy purple yarn. I helped Heather de-stash. Thank you! I have some ideas for this, but maybe I will get some more when I get to spend my gift card.

And last, but not least. I finished the corset! And I even put it on and took a pic.





Sorry for the roll on the back. I was trying to hurry and didn't have it pulled on quite straight. While I was doing this, someone was trying to be sneaky.



She came out from behind me while the picture was being snapped. She is such a ham when she sees the camera.

And as is tradition with every finish, the happy dance. Cue Charlie Brown theme.

12 Your Thoughts:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Elspeth said...

It looks so gorgeous! (I think I said that before.) I love the colors. I might even be motivated to finish the other 7/8 of mine!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

You did really great! Congrats!!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

Beautiful! I'm just about to start mine. Yours is an inspiration.

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Rabbitch said...

What a FANTASTIC corset top! I love it and can't wait to cast mine on, although I fear that the "rolls" in mine will all be me *g*

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

The corset is gorgeous! I love the way it came out.

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your corset looks great! It's such a flattering garment, isn't it? Lovely knitting!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Excellent work - and it shows off the tats to perfection!

Thank you!

Best,
Annie

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!! I knew you could do it!! Now get to work on that Mystery Shawl!!!! lol

Love ya girl!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger kittensmittens said...

Very pretty, congrats on finishing it. looks great. and it fits! (still don't think mine will)
And you got some new yarn. so many reasons to do the happy dance.

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool! I still have to start mine, so this is the inspiration to get going!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger WandaWoman said...

The corset is beautiful. You did a great job.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You did a great job. Inspiring me to break down and get the pattern as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next