Sunday, July 31, 2005

We were scalped

Well it's that time of year when you just can't stand to have hair anymore. The boys decided to get a flat-top like daddy, and one of my girls wanted bangs again and shorter hair. Me myself, I didn't want any hair, but I don't think I would look good bald. So I took the boys to the barber who does hubby's cuts.





Then I took my oldest daughter to a salon. She got hers cut and then I sat down. I told the hair dresser what I wanted and she said: "Are you sure?" I said yes I have done it before. Then she got to looking at my hair and said: "I can save you some money if you would like to donate to the Locks of Love ." I said sure. When I came into the salon, my bangs hung 3 inches lower than my chin, and she took 10 inches of the back to donate. Let's just say, my hair is way shorter now. Since I donated, I got my cut for free. So if you feel charitable, and hot, go donate. Their site tells you where you can go donate. It's worth looking into.





I don't know if you can really see it, but it's hard taking a picture of your own head. But from the middle of the back of my head down is shaved short. And the little one was a little upset she didn't get to get hers cut. But I had to take her picture with the others anyway.



But with that face, how could I say no?

2 Your Thoughts:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Colette said...

Your family looks so cute with their summer do's. I always cut mine off every summer with David & the boys, but this year Robert decided he is not cutting his hair ever again. We compromised and he got a trim before leaving for camp, but he still looks like a mop.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

I only heard about Lock of Love when I was at the Chemo Wig-store... A Pakistani (?) woman had about 20 inches she donated.... WAY TO GO... And, you'd be surprised, you can get used to bald!
(Turns out you can be way more dramatic with makeup and earrings because people are so distracted!) Glad you liked my fuzzy eyelash head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next