Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Stash Enhancement and eggs

Well it was bound to happen. I walked freely into the goodwill store and knew exactly what I was looking for. I went right to the spot where all the yarn usually hangs out, and there it was. A bag of yarn just sitting there, waiting. There were 7 skeins. A couple were used a bit, but still was a lot of yarn. And it boasted a price of only $4.98. How could I resist?


















Then there were some magazines and pattern books. I found one for crocheted animals. One of my sons was with me and he thought it would be a good idea to get it. To tell you how old this is, it calls for using L'EGGS Eggs for the shaping. You can also use stuffing, I think that would be my best bet. I really don't think I would have much luck finding any. It only cost 10 cents.




















I already have orders for one puppy, one elephant and two bunnies. Well, I guess that will be another project to start sometime soon. Then my son found a bag of army men with enough to split between the 4 of them. As soon as we got home, we divided them up and they set up for war. That ought to keep them busy for what, 5 minutes?

2 Your Thoughts:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

5 minutes? You would be a lucky woman.

Thanks for the Blogger pics tip, by the way. Made my life tons easier.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lucky you, the Goodwill near me sells really junky looking yarn for $1.50 a skein. I often wonder what is up with them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next