Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Fireworks and Hot Heads

We did the usual thing yesterday. Ate hamburgers, watched fireworks, but I needed something to do. Well I don't know how I did it, but I did. I decided to go ahead and make my hubby a hat. And I wanted a break from the stole, but still wanted to knit. So I got out my SnB Handbook, and went looking. I decided on the Hot Head pattern. He likes the whole flame look thing, so I thought it would be perfect. This is my first hat ever.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It looks small, but it stretches great.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When I can get it modeled, I will post a pic. I really wanted to knit him a sweater. This coming from a person who never thought she would make anything wearable other than a scarf. Will wonders never cease. But unfortunately that will have to wait until there is fundage for such a project. Cause even though I have a lot of yarn just laying around, it is mostly different colors. And there isn't enough of any color to use for a sweater. Even a striped one.

I didn't really like the way this pattern was though. It was easy and quick to knit up, but didn't like the whole seeming part and the way one side looked. So next time I will find a pattern that is circular. I am sure I will have more fun doing it that way. I need to get the SnB Nation book, that way I will have more patterns to choose from when I wanna do something new.

4 Your Thoughts:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see that the new knitty.com is up? There are at least two hat patterns.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Melissa G. said...

That is so cool! Or hot! :)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

The hat looks great!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Pretty damn good for a first try. Nice work!

Thanks for the encouragement over at the Bookish Girl! Your cheering is keeping me at it!

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next