Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Here I go again

Well I finally got a print out of my Corset pattern. I had to wait all weekend and the holiday for it. I am out of ink and had to let someone print it for me. So I got it in my hands yesterday. I thought I would try a swatch with my blob of yarn and see if it came out right. It did, so I decided to start it. I never thought I would make anything wearable but this pattern just said do it, so I did. The cast on was even a new one for me. I have never before heard of the I-cord cast on but I actually did it. But it takes forever, especially if you have lots of stitches to cast on. And I did 5 rows. So far so good. I hope it will turn out right, and I hope I can do it. The pic of the start and the blob of yarn is below.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So I guess I am now officially in that knit along too. Will I never learn?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Click it and go check it out.

6 Your Thoughts:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

I can't wait to see it when it's all done! I really like this pattern and I'm thinking of picking it up myself....

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there :)

I hopped over from the corset kal.. but haven't casted on, myself, just yet (it's just so.. overwhelming!)

Looks great so far - keep posting your progress, please!

-mary
(mjen2003)

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I am right here with you... I ahve yet to decide on a yarn though so I may have to wait until I can make up my mind!
Have to go buy a new cell phone now.. so money is gonna be real tight for a few weeks.. lol
Sucks!!!

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH BTW my name didnt show up on the last post!!! Its Gina from Knitting Solo!~

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

How old are your twins? Mine are 10-1/2... I saw your comment on another blog regarding shoe sizes! :)

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Rabbitch said...

My goodness, that's EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Well, that and the body that I had to go with it 20 years ago ... *g*

I may not let the excessive lardage stop me. I'm very VERY tempted by that pattern, thank you for the link!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next