Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Another Mystery

We got a swatch pattern at the Mystery Shawl ALong. So I knitted it up. This time I used very fine yarn(?). Don't know what this is I am using either. It is a light silvery gray color. It is really thin and on a cone shaped spool. I did look inside and it says:
I. B. Silk Corp, New York, Rayon & Cotton Threads. But that is all it says, so I dont' know exactly what it is. But it does make some lacey fabric. Another mystery fiber, fitting for the project huh?



I hope this will make for a good shawl. I have never made one, so we shall see. Here's the little swatch. I couldn't get it to come in any clearer. Oh to have a scanner, or a camera that isn't crappy.

7 Your Thoughts:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good dear! See I told ya to look inside the cone.. may not have helped much.. lol

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it looks gorgeous. Like a Fairy Shawl would look. Light and delitcate. The pattern stands out nicely too.

Judi from Mysteryshawlalong

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Are you my twin? I am knitting on the Silk Corset; I am knitting on Rosy Fingered Dawn; I am swatching for the Mystery Shawl. Were we separated at birth, or what?

I love your swatch. I was getting worried that my yarn (Artisan Lace Merino) would be too skinny. I see your yarn and I get hope for mine.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Rabbitch said...

Pretty!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I went to send you my charlotte chart, but I can't find your email address! if you drop me an email at k8fukawa@yahoo.com, I'll send it along..

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger kittensmittens said...

yep, the swatch look very pretty. it's gonna be a nice shawl.

thank you for linking me.
:)

 
At 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm, nice! I adore lace, yummy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next