Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sadness and Harry Potter

You know it is really sad that the only time we get to see a lot of the people we really care about is at a funeral. We had that going on last week and this weekend. It's never an easy time for anyone. But I did get to see my favorite Aunt. I haven't seen her in such a long time. She is really my hubby's aunt, but I took her as my own. It just goes to show you how life gets so involved that you don't even have time with the special people.

The new Harry Potter book is out. Everyone in the world seems to have gotten it and read it. Even people in the comics are reading it. I, however, won't read it until it comes out in paperback. My whole collection is in paperback, and I don't want to have an odd ball mixed in. And of course, I don't wanna pay that much for the hard back either. If I don't have that much to spend on yarn, I don't have that much to spend on a book. My priorities are straight, aren't they?

I did manage to get a little more done on the corset. I did a little of the bust decrease. But now I am stuck again on something in the pattern. Well if I can get through all this new stuff, I will feel I have really accomplished something.

















See all the pretty shaping I did? I feel so proud.

3 Your Thoughts:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

Sorry you had a sad week! I picked up the new HP, did the whole party-till-midnight thing at the bookstore. I haven't started it yet, though, because my husband's hogging it right now.

Can't wait to see the finished corset!

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great dear!~!!! I cant wait to get some yarn to start on mine....

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Mouse said...

Thanks for the comment- I always thought she (Sarah from Labyrinth) was a stupid, stupid girl for wanting her baby brother over (hottie mchotterson) Jarreth the Goblin King (aka David Bowie - his royal hottie-ness). I mean " Love me and I'll be your slave"? Where do we sign up??

I love that corset pattern.. it looks awesome. Eventually I'll be 'advanced' enough to tackle something like that. can't wait to see it done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next