Tuesday, July 12, 2005

More on the corset

I hadn't realized just how many days I hadn't posted until I came to post today. I guess a lot had to do with all that happened in London. I wouldn't have even known about it if I hadn't read it in the blogs I frequent. And I didn't feel I had anything useful to contribute, so I just didn't post. I also didn't want to post again until I had enough of the corset done to take another picture. And since life gets in the way of knitting sometimes, it took me longer to get to a good picture point. I am now to the point where I will start the bust. I just hope it looks as good as others I have seen once I am through with it. But I am just glad I am actually doing it, even though I wasn't too sure I could. Thanks for all the encouraging comments.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 Your Thoughts:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Elspeth said...

It looks great! I dare say it looks more "cute" than "sexy". I really like it. Nice choice of yarn and color.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

Make sure you get a modelled shot posted when it's finished!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger kittensmittens said...

The corset looks really good so far, love the color. I just bought the pattern to it. I've been avoiding casting on though. I just don't have the patience to actually follow patterns, but the corset is so pretty. How is the knitting? hard easy, something you get used to after a while. (Lie to me, I need some encouragement to get started)

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Katy said...

Thanks for the comment/suggestions on my blog--I couldn't find your e-mail to respond, so I'll do a quick response here. I, too, love the colors of the laceweight yarn, but 4200 yards is A.Lot. of.Very.Thin.Yarn. I am hesitant to ply it together to make something with it b/c the color changes are so dramatic that I think it will make a "muddy" yarn when you put several strands together. It also won't make a soft, pouf-y yarn, which is what I was hoping for. So--back it goes.
I have been reading Annie Modesitt's blog for a while and I love her corset pattern; I have been eyeing it for a while but I just have too many projects going! Good luck with it!

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger kittensmittens said...

Well, i started on my corset, thanks for the confidence. I've only knit 4 rows but I'm feeling good about it. Thanks. Happy knitting on your corset.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next