Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I Can Do It!

I can't believe it. I actually knitted directly from a chart and finished it. Well I am talking about the first clue from the Mystery Shawl A-long. I never thought I would be able to just sit and knit without first writing all the pattern out. That is what I did with the Mystery Stole. And what I have done with most of my other patterns that had charts. But I just sat down and re-did my swatch in a different needle size and decided I liked the look of it better. Then I color coded my charts and started. I got through the first chart just fine and decided to brave the second. I finished all 42 rows with no trouble. I am just so happy about it.



And here is a closer detail shot.



And I have still been working on my Corset. I did something really scary the other day. I put in a lifeline and took it off the needles. It was very scary as I had never done that before. And then the even scarier part, I put it on and took a pic.



Well actually the scariest part was actually posting it here. LOL. It is coming along. And in other news, I have a pen-pal. I have already gotten two letters and have sent two. In one I got a cute little card with a knitting picture on it. Here is a pic of my letters and card.

5 Your Thoughts:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

both the mystery shawl AND the corset:-)

I'd say you are indeed doing very well:-))

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

Wow! Aren't you just the risk taker? The mystery shawl looks great!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Wow! The mystery shawl and corset look amazing!! I hope I get that good someday. :)

By the way, thanks for linking to my blog! I'll be putting up your button tonight. :D

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Beautiful! Congrats on learning charts so quickly!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Mystery shawl looks great! Keep going! Can't wait to see more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next