Monday, August 15, 2005

I really am NUTS aren't I?

Well I don't know how I get myself into these things. Oh yeah, I am an addict. LOL. I got the Rogue pattern yesterday and ordered yarn. Now normally I wouldn't have, but I got enough yarn to do it with for only $12.13. That is including shipping. I figure since this will be a big challenge for me, and may not turn out really well, that is not a bad deal. I think after I finished the corset, I got the big head and figured I could do anything. The corset is the first wearable thing I have made, other than scarves, the kneesocks, and that one little hat. But this will be a major project to do. I haven't even done cables before. But I figure if I want it bad enough, then I have to try. Gina says she wants to do the Rogue with me, so I won't be totally alone in doing it.

This is the color it will be. It is Caron Perfect Match in wine.



And as I said I would, I started a pair of socks with the camo yarn.



Hubby likes them already. And thanks Snow for giving me more ideas about what sock yarns to buy. I love an enabler. Makes me only part guilty for buying more stash.

5 Your Thoughts:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger kittensmittens said...

My friend made rogue, she made it into a cardigan. it looks nice. you'll like it. From what i remember, it wasn't too bad. it was her first sweater.
good luck.
love tbe color, wine, how can you go wrong...

as for my corset, it's been put on hold, and now i can't find the pattern, with my notes of what row i'm on... Not too worried, it doesn't fit...

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

You'll love Rogue! The directions are wonderfully written and they walk you through everything step by step. The cables aren't hard to do - just watch your sleeve increases - they increase at the outside edge as well as next to the cable panel. Also, make sure you get gauge both horizontally and vertically (usually we can just fudge it with row gauge once we have stitch gauge - not here). I loved doing Rogue and will probably do it again someday - maybe the cardi version.

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful color. Can't wait to see how it comes out.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Mouse said...

Oooh.. Rogue will look gorgeous in that color! I've been whacking around the idea of doing Rogue since I saw it when I could barely knit. Charted cables intimidate the heck out of me.. can't wait to see how it turns out though!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that looks like a nice pattern. Thanks for pointing it out.
I learned how to do cables on the second baby sweater I knit. After my MIL showed me how, I couldn't figure out what the big deal was about. They aren't as daunting as people think they are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next