Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Books, yarn and mystery knitting

I had ordered some books eons ago. When you get free shipping, they don't get in a hurry to send them to you.

I got the bookbookbookII.



The J.K. Rowling, Classic Books from the Library of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. These would be: Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them and Quidditch Trough the Ages.

I also got The Dream Book : Dream Spells, Nighttime Potions and Rituals, and Other Magical Sleep Formulas by Gillian Kemp. Just a little something to fill in the other $4 that enabled me to get the free shipping.

And then we all went to the Hobby Lobby today. Anytime they say 1/2 off knitting supplies, I am there. Well not much was on sale that I got. But it was worth the trip anyway. I got a couple more sets of DPNs. I have the hardest time finding sets of 5, so end up getting 2 sets of 4. And got some bobbins. Intarsia anyone?



And of course I had to get this.



You all know what it's for, right?

The kids wanted to visit the Christmas section and all had to have jingle bells. Here is the little munchkin modeling hers.



And here is the progress on the mystery item. There would have been 12 more rows, but I had to frog it. Some how, probably while half asleep, I starting knitting in the wrong direction. I don't know how I did it either, but I did. So I re-did that section and am now back in the swing of it. Any guesses?

5 Your Thoughts:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

I miss Hobby Lobby! Its not up here in Northern VA! Is that a Hallowig? I keep saying I'll make one someday, but I haven't done it yet. Oh well...

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Mouse said...

If you have a JoAnns fabrics & crafts.. they sell bamboo dpns in sets of 5 and they have coupons for 40% off that come in your mail twice a month if you sign up for the mailing list. I much prefer to knit with 5 needles over 4 myself and have ended up with double sets for that purpose.

I'd put my money on the mystery item being a Hallowig too.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Awesome stuff girl!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger kittensmittens said...

i'm jealous, I've been itching to go on a shopping spree, but haven't found the time yet.

mystery project is still a mystery to me...

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Kali said...

Harry Potter What?? Ok sorry, am a HP Freak *consulting my 12 step guide* Sound like you got some great stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next