Saturday, August 12, 2006

Harry, Carrie, Garp and birthday cake

MSN had a free showing of "An Evening with Harry, Carrie & Garp". This is where Stephen King, J. K. Rowling and John Irving got together at Radio City Music Hall and did readings from their works. It was completely awesome and a great birthday present.

Yeah, another year come and gone. Why is it that you never feel older on your birthday, but that it just seems to creep up on you all of a sudden afterwards?

Ah, but it was a great day. Heh. Yeah the kids started school. They only went half a day. On a Friday. Sound dumb to you too? Yeah I thought it did. So having to get up early and fight all the traffic. Then going back to get them not long afterwards and wondering how some of these people got licenses, not to mention how they managed to have kids. But other than that it was ok. Just another day to me. Man, I never thought the day would come when I wouldn't be excited about my birthday anymore. But once the kids are born, it just doesn't seem as big a deal.

I did a little knitting the other day actually. I started the Mobius Cowl/Shawl that Cat Bordhi did on Knitty Gritty Monday. It's a cool technique and kept my interest until the weather got hot and sticky again. When I get some time, I'll show you.

Try and stay cool.

1 Your Thoughts:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

aww Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed it. :-(

Where I live, the temperature now is in the high fifties low sixties!! I am loving it too because it feel slike fall which is my favorite time of the year!

Hope it cools off a bit so you can get some knitting done!


Talk to you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mischief Managed



Listen to Metallica 24/7 on AOL Radio



Click here for episodes and info; click here to subscribe via iTunes, and click here to use this player on your space and win prizes!
HP Knitters
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next